For the first time, skin rejuvenating oil was used several centuries before our era. Ancient Roman emperors, ancient Greek priests, and ancient Egyptian pharaohs anointed their skin with oil. Back then they were almost the only cosmetics, literally worth their weight in gold and were only available for the nobility.
With the development of the chemical industry, more effective synthetic creams appeared and for some time the oils were undeservedly forgotten.
But today, when, after careful study, scientists have discovered new anti-aging properties of vegetable oils, they are experiencing a renaissance.
Nowadays all over the world there is a real boom in the use of natural cosmetics based on natural oils and plant extracts.
Why oils are beneficial
All vegetable oils can be divided into two major groups - natural and essential. They can be used both individually and in combination, buying ready-made compositions or composing them yourself. These products are obtained by cold pressing from quality natural raw materials. They can be obtained from nuts, seeds, grains and fruit pits. These oils are mainly a valuable source of nutrients, as most of them contain:
- the strongest natural antioxidants - vitamins C and E;
- vitamin A that increases skin elasticity;
- B vitamins that improve the condition of the skin, hair, nails;
- Valuable trace elements - selenium, iodine, manganese, iron, copper, etc. ;
- vital minerals - potassium, calcium, magnesium, fluorine, etc.
The secret of such a powerful effect of natural oils on human skin is that they have a chemical composition similar in their formula to sebum. Allergies are extremely rare on them, they do not cause irritation and have a pronounced soothing and calming effect.
Most often, natural vegetable oils are the basic ingredients of creams and masks, in which essential oils with truly unique properties are easily dissolved.
It is interesting that in many ways, essential oils still remain a mystery to humans. By their origin, these are volatile aromatic substances that can be found in various parts of plants. To get a small amount of pure essential oil, tons of raw materials sometimes have to be processed, so the cost can be very high.
The most remarkable property of essential oils is their ability to penetrate the deep layers of the skin due to their low molecular weight structure. Moreover, absolutely everyone has pronounced antiseptic and bactericidal properties, and in one way or another are capable of affecting a person's mental state.
Now their medicinal properties are being studied. But even what we already know about them allows them to be used effectively both at home and in professional cosmetology.
Natural vegetable oils are used not only for the face but also for the whole body. Massage with them quickly and effectively improves the condition of the skin, moisturizes it and even softens fine wrinkles.
But not everyone is constantly in a liquid state. Some of them (cocoa, shea, coconut, etc. ) harden at room temperature and resemble oily paraffin in structure. Before use, they should be heated in a water bath until the solids dissolve. Because of this property, such oils often become the basic ingredients for the preparation of homemade creams.
Different types of oils have different properties, so they should be chosen individually, depending on the condition of the skin and the problem to be solved with their use.
The best product for you is one that is completely absorbed by the skin and leaves no greasy layer on it. The most pronounced anti-aging properties of these oils:
- Arganovoye. Perfectly hydrates the skin and, thanks to its chemical composition, restores the Ph balance and water-salt balance. It is able to soften wrinkles and even shallow wounds.
- Shea Butter. Actively stimulates tissue regeneration, has powerful anti-inflammatory properties, improves skin elasticity and gives it a healthy glow.
- Avocado. Saturate the epidermis with valuable nutrients, penetrating into its deep layers. Creates a protective barrier that retains moisture, is quickly absorbed, gradually removes pigmentation.
- Cocoa. Contains unsaturated fatty acids, which quickly restore the skin's protective properties and is also a natural sunscreen.
- Grape seed. It actively neutralizes free radicals, slowing down the aging process, smoothes fine wrinkles and improves skin tone. Removes bruises and bags under the eyes well.
- almond. Successfully fights cellulite, tightens the skin quickly, hydrates it perfectly, making it softer and more elastic.
- Buckthorn deti. Possesses the strongest wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties, is a powerful natural antioxidant, successfully fights wrinkles.
You should be aware that when working with natural oils, you should avoid their contact with metal objects. They can be stored for up to six months, in a tightly closed glass container, removed from exposure to ultraviolet rays, preferably in a dark, cool place.
Homemade creams prepared on a natural basis are stored in the refrigerator for no more than a month.
Essential oils have pronounced healing properties and their variety is very large. Today more than 3000 plants with essential oil are known. However, there are slightly more than 200 that undergo industrial processing. Only about 50 types of essential oils are used in cosmetology.
Most often, the following types of essential oils are used for facial rejuvenation:
- aniseed - refreshes the skin, increases its elasticity;
- orange - accelerates cell regeneration, well withstands cellulite;
- basil - perfectly removes swelling and bags under the eyes;
- valerian - soothes, relieves irritation, softens wrinkles;
- coniferous - improves color, activates blood circulation, strengthens capillaries;
- ylang-ylang - one of the most powerful stimulants of skin tone, gives a lifting effect;
- coriander - quickly tightens the skin, makes it smooth and elastic;
- lavender - gently and effectively affects sensitive skin;
- lemon - whitens and renews, stimulates cell regeneration;
- juniper - with regular use, significantly reduces stretch marks;
- peppermint - an excellent natural stimulant of intercellular processes;
- neroli - increases stability and elasticity, eliminates vascular networks, evens out the color;
- patchouli - refreshes, moisturizes, removes the fading and color of the soil;
- rosemary - makes the skin fresh and supple, renews quickly;
- rose is the most popular and versatile anti-aging agent;
- sage - significantly improves the structure and appearance of the skin, significantly reducing pores;
- Tea tree - a powerful antioxidant and antiseptic, restores the skin after acne and dermatitis.
Do not mix more than 2-3 types of essential oils at the same time, as this may lead to a weakening of their healing properties. It is not strongly recommended to apply 100% essential oils to the skin in their pure form - this can lead to irritation, allergic reaction and even burns. Applications instead are sometimes used to treat acne.
Reviews and contraindications
Reviews and results after using natural oils are the most positive.
In terms of their effect, they are often not inferior to more expensive creams and have virtually no contraindications. The only limitation is their non-application to the areas affected by skin diseases and pustular outbreaks.
Individual intolerance is extremely rare.
Almost all essential oils should not be used during pregnancy, breastfeeding and fever. Also, for each of them, there are additional limitations and contraindications that should be carefully studied before use.
Unlike natural oils, if used improperly, they can cause high blood pressure, irritation and even bronchial spasm. Because of their powerful effects on the body, you need to treat them with care.