The soft, firm, supple skin of the face and body is every woman’s dream. Dermal tone can decrease for various reasons: due to age, certain diseases, overweight, dehydration. We will tell you about ways to restore and maintain excellent epidermal turgor for a long time.
What determines the elasticity of the skin?
The tone of the dermis is its overall healthy state, i. e. normal metabolism in cells, free respiration of tissues, i. e. softness, density and beautiful appearance. The period during which the skin retains its elasticity depends only 10-15% on genetics. For the most part, skin condition depends on our lifestyle, habits, nutrition, etc.
Skin tone on the face and body begins to deteriorate after 25 years: by this time, age-related changes and care errors have accumulated, which cause negative processes in the dermis. As a rule, it is still visually invisible, but self-care should be intensified in order to increase the density and elasticity of the skin.
After 35 years, the decrease in tone begins to appear particularly clearly. Reasons for this process:
- a decrease in the production of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid in the skin: the first is responsible for tissue density, the second gives the overall tone, the third helps retain moisture;
- weakening of the facial muscles: the muscle frame that supports the skin ceases to fulfill its functions and the skin hangs under the influence of gravity, being covered with folds and wrinkles;
- weakness of blood vessels and capillaries - as nutrients and oxygen enter the skin through them, vascular problems immediately affect its condition;
- acute and chronic diseases, especially of a hormonal as well as dermatological nature, - due to them, metabolic processes are disturbed in the skin;
- inaccuracies in the diet: lack of nutrients and fluids prevent the skin from regenerating, building new healthy cells;
- inadequate care: poor quality and aggressive cosmetics disrupt the balance of moisture in the cells, poison the skin with toxins, do not provide the necessary protection, damage the lipid layer;
- toxins and free radicals in the air and ultraviolet light: all this dries the skin, makes it sluggish and prone to wrinkles.
As you can see, each of the factors that reduce skin tone can be corrected with the help of competent care procedures.
Important! Decreased skin tone is mainly caused by lack of regular skin care. So if you do not use night creams or apply them incorrectly, the dermis loses its optimal level of hydration. Ignoring nourishing creams and masks leads to decreased consistency.
How to improve skin tone?
To restore the skin to its former elasticity and firmness, many resort to the help of cosmetology and plastic surgery. Professional procedures (biorevitalization, botulinum toxin injections, insertion of subcutaneous fillers, fibers, tightening, etc. ) are really capable of making the face and body attractive quickly and effectively.
However, regular skin care is essential even after invasive procedures. Moreover: an attentive attitude towards yourself, the timely implementation of simple actions will help to delay the acquaintance with needles and a scalpel for a long time, to eliminate skin imperfections. We will share such safe and affordable ways to restore skin turgor.
Important! To achieve results, you need strict self-discipline for 2-4 months. If during this period you perform daily procedures at home, then your face will be transformed literally. And then useful actions will simply become habit.
Moisturizer - rule number 1
In order to tone the skin - on the face, around the eyes and all over the body - you need to drink plenty of fluids. Water is water that helps the skin maintain a fresh and healthy appearance at any age: both after 45 and after 50 years. Thanks to the water in the epidermis, metabolic and regenerative processes continue intensively, collagen and elastin fibers remain flexible. Hyaluronic acid binds and holds water molecules, providing cells with optimal turgor.
The skin gets most of the water it needs not from the creams and serums we apply, but from the intercellular space. There water molecules from the blood enter and into the blood - from the digestive tract. The dermis consumes about 200 ml of water per day - no single jar of cream can hold that amount.
How much water should you drink for optimal skin tone? The rate is calculated based on a person's weight: approximately 30 ml per 1 kg. In any case, for an adult, the amount of clean drunk water should not be less than 1. 5 liters per day.
The volume of water in the epidermis depends not only on the amount of fluid drunk, but also on the skin's ability to retain it: with age and under the influence of harmful factors (sun, wind, toxic substances, cosmetics for alcohol, medicines), this ability decreases. In order to retain moisture in the skin, it is necessary to monitor the condition of the lipid layer - the thin oily coat of the dermis.
The skin can lose moisture, including due to kidney dysfunction, heart, certain diseases (diabetes, irritable bowel syndrome, hypothyroidism, etc. ). In this case, a specialist consultation and timely treatment will help solve the problem.
Important! Even a slight dehydration significantly changes the appearance of the epidermis and disrupts its structure: dark circles under the eyes become more pronounced, wrinkles become deeper, and the oval of the face suffers and is distorted.
What foods improve skin tone?
The beauty and health of the skin depends on diet by 80%: all the ingredients necessary for building and repairing cells enter our body through nutrition. Epidermal tone can also be improved with products that stimulate the production of hyaluronate, elastin and collagen.
The recommendations of nutritionists are as follows:
- the basis of the diet should be fresh or ripe vegetables and fruits; special attention should be paid to orange and red fruits (tomatoes, peppers, carrots, squash, persimmons, apricots, etc. ) - they are rich in lycopene (an antioxidant), which protects the skin from ultraviolet radiation and numbness;
- you should consume 150-200 g of lean meat, poultry, cheese, legumes per day, because protein is an essential component of collagen, elastin (their main component are amino acids); in addition, protein food helps synthesize the carnosine dipeptide, which increases the strength of collagen fibers;
- eat at least 300 g of fish and seafood per week: they contain omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, magnesium, selenium - ingredients that prolong skin youth, as they protect collagen fibers from destruction;
- include nuts, plant seeds (30 g per day) in your diet - in addition to fatty acids, they also contain the rare alpha-linolenic, protein, zinc, copper and magnesium - everything you need to keep your skin soft and supple;
- learn to use 5 g products that contain gelatin per day (favorite meat, aspic, jelly, etc. ) - gelatin contains a large amount of bio-available collagen and after two months of use significantly increases skin tone (fish oilhas similar properties);
- eat soy products (tofu cheese, soy meat, milk, etc. ) - they contain a plant analogue of the hormone estrogen, which is responsible for hydrating the skin, turgor and its density, as well as isoflavonoid genistein, which blocks enzymes thatreduce epidermal tone;
- It is worth giving up baking soda, sweet, carbonated, alcoholic, caffeinated, fried, smoked, salty, fast food - all of these products destroy elastin and collagen fibers and suspend acid productionhyaluronic.
Important! Dermatologists and cosmetologists know the term "sugar face": this is a face with gray skin, loose, edematous, with a fallen oval, wrinkles, bags under the eyes and redness. Why is sugar so bad for the skin? Consumption of many sweets leads to glycation: glucose molecules destroy the elasticity of collagen fibers. As a result, the skin becomes thinner and softer - especially around the eyes.
Sports: the collagen factory within us
How to improve the skin tone of the face and body after 40-45 years, when the decrease in the elasticity of the epidermis becomes particularly noticeable? First of all, with the help of sports and physical activity.
- First, strength training strengthens the muscles, increases their volume, which makes the skin tighten and straighten naturally. This is especially true for people who have lost weight as a result of diet and cardio training.
- Second, minor damage to muscle fibers and neighboring tissues during physical exertion triggers powerful regeneration processes in the body, which increases the production of collagen fibers throughout the body - the skin receives more collagen after exercise than after the most modern cosmetology program. .
- Third, loads activate blood circulation in the body, forcing the epidermis to breathe more intensively and nourishing it with beneficial substances. As a result, skin color improves, its density and elasticity increase.
Intense exercise is enough three times a week for an hour. Use extra weight: its weight should be such that the working muscle group can not perform more than 8-12 repetitions. However, physical activity should not be exhausted by training alone: remember no opportunity to move, and your skin will reward you with a flowery look.
Important! If you are short on time, there are serious contraindications to strength training, give yourself at least minimal physical activity. Let it be simple walking for an hour a day, yoga or swimming - this will already be a good contribution to increasing the tone of the epidermis.
Facial building and massage
Facial exercises and massage are one of the best and safest ways to tone your skin. The developed muscular frame of the face helps to soften the epidermis, increase its elasticity, strength, turgor.
There are a large number of facial building and facial fitness systems. The basics of facial gymnastics can be taught by specialists.
As for facial massage techniques, today cosmetologists have more than 20 types of them:
- roll alignment technique, etc.
However, to perform a facial massage, you can do without special skills. It is enough to gently touch, pinch and rub the skin along the massage lines.
To achieve the effect, regularity is important: spend 10-15 minutes in classes. every day. Apply a little moisturizer or natural oil on your face before continuing to soften the skin and make it easier to slide your fingers.
There are also contraindications for facial fitness and facial massage:
- violation of skin integrity;
- purulent outbreaks;
- diseases in the acute phase;
- poor blood clotting.
Important! Facial gymnastics and massage are also excellent vascular training. They can also be trained with ice or contrast washing. However, if you blush lightly in a stuffy room or from a glass of wine, you should refuse to use ice - otherwise rosacea may develop on your face.
Cosmetics for skin elasticity
To maintain skin tone, you should regularly use beloved makeup - naturally:
- as natural as possible;
- High quality;
- suitable for your skin type;
- according to the expiration date.
Cosmetic brands release special product lines that promise to restore the elasticity of the epidermis - the achievements of modern cosmetology make it possible to believe in such promises.
What substances should be the means to increase skin tone?
- Hydro-fixing agents - are responsible for increasing the level of moisture in the skin: hyaluronic acid, glycerin, chitosan, aloe, algae extracts, etc.
- Antioxidants - tone the skin, protect cells from oxidation: vitamins C, E, coenzyme Q10, green tea extract, grape seed, walnuts, etc.
- Drainage components - bring beneficial ingredients to the skin, retain moisture, restore the mantle of lipids: caffeine, escin, dextran.
- Natural oils - create a film of lipids on the skin, contributing to its hydration, nourishment and regeneration: almonds, peaches, grapes, apricot kernel oils, essential oils.
What cosmetic products are required for regular use?
- Moisturizing serum. The skin can not be elastic without strong cell membranes and good hydration - this is why serums are created. The product has a very light structure, is absorbed immediately, preparing the dermis for subsequent application of the cream. Regular use of the product literally transforms the skin, making it possible to abandon even the foundation.
- Day cream. Means for hydration, nourishing the skin, as well as protection from ultraviolet radiation (a good cream always has a high SPF factor). The cream covers the skin with a thin protective lipid film, which prevents the dermis from losing moisture. There should be some day creams: it is better to have separate products for the skin around the eyes, neck and décolleté - here the skin is thinner, more delicate and the cream requires a lighter but more intense action.
- Night cream. Use this product at night, and not a visit to beauty salons, which gives the skin elasticity, density, firmness: dermis cells are most active from 1 to 4 o'clock in the morning. At this time, the sensitivity to the ingredients of the product is maximal. The ingredients in the night cream accelerate cell renewal and help build the strongest ones.
- Masks are a very effective tool for increasing skin tone. Under their influence, blood circulation and lymph flow, metabolism, tissue respiration are improved. A noticeable effect is provided by the courses performing the procedures: 10-15 times in a row, then 1-2 times a week to maintain the result. The effect of the mask increases if applied after massage.
- Bark, cleansing. Once a week, you should deeply cleanse your skin with these products. Flowering produces a dynamic massage of the skin surface, and is also perceived by him as a micro-damage, which stimulates blood circulation and regeneration of the epidermis, the growth of collagen and elastin fibers. As a result, the skin gains firmness, softness and an even color.
Important! The cream is best applied to clean and moist skin after washing: water is an excellent conductor of nutrients to the deeper layers of the dermis. The product is applied to the skin with a fairly thick layer, along the massage lines. After half an hour, the excess is carefully removed with a napkin.
The tone of the epidermis depends directly on the general condition of our body. Very often, it is enough just to have a good sleep and rest, so that the skin regains the desired elasticity and density. And following the tips described in the article will help you stay beautiful forever!